Before we get started, remember that you can use this blog in a way that is best for your Persian level.
You want to improve your Persian speaking but don’t know where to start? You know a lot of Persian words but have a hard time making sentences in Persian?
You know why?
The reason is you don’t learn common Persian phrases and sentence patterns, do you? These phrases and patterns are said as basic units for you to make much more correct sentences in English.
Below are 50 common Persian phrases and sentence patterns that are much used in daily life. Each common Persian phrase includes real audios and scripts which help you learn sentence structures better, and make sentences in Persian much more easily.
If you master just one common Persian phrase or sentence pattern, you can make hundreds of correct sentences. This is the easiest way to make sentences in Persian.
Here are some fun and useful tips to learn Persian phrases:
- As you listen to each phrase for the first time, say it aloud three times. Yes, three times!
- Then, print the list of phrases.
- Say the phrases while you record yourself on a smartphone, computer or recording device. That way you can listen to your the recording to see the difference between your pronunciation and native speaker’s pronunciation.
- Choose two phrases each day to focus on.
- Print the e-book. Then grab a pen, and write all over it on your chosen phrases! What should you write? You can underline or highlight new words to learn vocabulary. You can label the parts of speech in a sentence or write verb tenses for grammar practice.
- Use Google’s site search. If you are learning a new casual phrase, or see one and are not sure what it means, use this trick to see it used in multiple, real-life contexts. Type “site:www.talklikeapersian.com [phrase here]” into Google and hit search (like this, for the phrase “چطوری؟” How are you doing? Instantly, you will get a list of other authentic Persian posts and videos on The Talk Like A Persian that use the same phrase. See if you can understand its meaning based on the various contexts.
- Picture a situation in your mind where you could use the phrase. See yourself saying the phrase.
- Read the comments. With so many blog readers, lots of people leave comments on Talk Like a Persian posts every day. So after reading a post, scroll down and start reading the comments.
- Write a comment. Use the phrase in casual writing. After reading a post and reading some comments, write your own comment on a post. It does not have to be long, but try using a new casual phrase for practice. If you use social media, tweet at @talklikeaPersian and comment on Instagram, Youtube, or Facebook posts.
- Listen/look for the phrase while you watch Persian Movies for free on IMVBOX, Manoto TV, and read blogs, etc.
- Finally, use the phrase in 2-5 real conversations.
Now that you know how to learn the phrases on your own, we will get you started with 50 common, casual Persian phrases that you will also find on Talk Like A Persian. Become a free member to have free access to different online Persian courses on Talk like a Persia website including Alphabet, Beginner, Intermediate, Grammar, Learn Persian with Movies and 400 Persian Expressions for Conversation courses.
Download and print out the phrases and use them in form of a flash card to review the phrase.
Comment below and share with us and language learning community three of the above techniques that you would like to use to learn new Phrases.